Saturday, October 19, 2013

Starting Off With An Introduction

For years I have written journals and have kept them in a variety of notebooks that are strewn in a few of the closets in my house.  It's funny but my husband has never had any interest in reading anything I have written either before we met or since then...fucking men, go figure.  Btw as you read my rants and thoughts on life and parenting, you will run into a few of the most common words in my vocabulary:  Fuck, Shit, and Jesus Christ.  So if any of those words offend you, you may want to pass on my blog.  But that's a separate topic.

So as I continue, my 16 year old wonderful (95%) of the time, oldest daughter Julie, has been reading my journals...the good, the bad and the atrocious.  But she has been nagging me to put these on a blog to share with the world of the internet.  So here I am, sitting in my sweat pants and a ragged old Cleveland Browns T shirt (what a fucking visual ughhh.)

So my family consists of my husband Gary, my oldest daughter Julie who is 16  Katrina aka Kat, my 13 year old who thinks shes 21, and Amy, my 10 year old who can act 18 at times and 5 at other times.  But I love them all to death and thank god they do have my sense of humor or I'd go insane.  Nope, we don't have any pets although it's a subject the kids bring up on a weekly basis, but I'm not a pet person (sorry all you animal lovers) so I continue to tell the kids..."It Ain't gonna happen."  What a mean mom I am.

Anyways, this blog is my journey as a wild child, a wife, and a mom, and my whacky crazy liberal thoughts that make most mom's cringe.  Yes, I'm that mom that they gossip about at PTA meetings and soccer practices, but what the fuck, I really don't give a shit what others think about me other than they realize at some point, my goal in life is to raise happy healthy kids who accept responsibility and who treat everyone with kindness and respect. 

I don't care if my kids are 30 minutes late coming home at night, I don't worry about whether their beds are made every day and I really don't give a shit if the oldest and her boyfriend grab a beer out of the fridge on a saturday night.  But I do care about how they treat other kids, how they treat their siblings, and how responsible they are in their daily activities.

So anyways, welcome aboard if you're still with me and there's lots more to come.  Grab a cup of coffee or your drink of choice and let me know what you think.

Love makes the world go round, and I'm spinning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment